Last Updated: September 29, 2022
SCOPE AND PURPOSE
This Privacy Notice describes the privacy practices of Volvo Car USA LLC (“Volvo Car USA”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) with respect to particular processing for the A-Plan by Volvo Program (“Program”). This Privacy Notice sets forth:
- information we collect and why;
- how we share your information; and
- your rights about this use and sharing.
For information about how we: share your information generally throughout our services, protect your information, process children’s information, address Do Not Track, make changes to our Privacy Statement or Privacy Policies/Notices, and can be contacted, please see our Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to authorized Volvo Car USA retailers, or third parties to whom you directly provide your information including, but not limited to, subscription services, insurance companies, or other third parties who may offer special rates or products to Volvo Car USA customers, nor to content posted on social media channels. These entities are independent of Volvo Car USA and responsible for their own collection of information. Please refer directly to those entities and their particular privacy policies for more information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY
The A-Plan by Volvo Program is a service offered by Volvo Car USA and gives you a way to purchase or lease a new Volvo vehicle by offering exclusive incentives. When you register for the Program on our website found at www.aplanbyvolvo.com, we collect certain personal information from you. “Personal information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household or device. Some personal information we collect from you, either directly or automatically, and some personal information we may receive from other parties such as our Volvo retailers, our service providers, the government, or other third parties.
Find a Participating Volvo Retailer:
- Create an Account Using Your Partner Company Code: We collect your identifiers, such as your real name, postal address, phone number, e-mail address, and the Partner Company you are affiliated with. We use this to verify your eligibility for receiving the employee discount as part of the program and, if eligible, generate a Personal Identification Number (PIN) you can present to your preferred Volvo retailer to apply your discount towards the purchase or lease of a vehicle or generate additional PINs for your family, household members or friends. We may also use this information to contact you if we need additional information to process your request.
- Generate a PIN for Family, Household Members or Friends: You may elect to provide identifiers for your family, household members, or friends, such as their real name, postal address, phone number and e-mail address. If you provide us with these identifiers, you are acknowledging that you have authorization from those persons to share the information. We use this information to generate a PIN which is then sent to your family, household member or friend using their registered e-mail address.
We collect your identifiers
, such as your postal address or other geographic location information to show you Volvo retailers that participate in the Program located within 100 miles of your postal address or other geographic location.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
For information about how we share your information generally throughout our services, please see our Privacy Statement.
Sharing of personal information for a business purpose within the preceding 12 months.
In the preceding 12 months we have shared your:
- Identifiers with authorized Volvo retailers to communicate your eligibility or applying your PIN towards the purchase or lease of your vehicle and, if eligible, facilitate the purchase or lease of your vehicle and with your consent, to send you marketing materials. You can opt out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link provided with each communication.
- Identifiers with service providers assisting us with the processing of your interest in purchasing or leasing a vehicle, with customer sales leads partners to register your interest in purchase or leasing a vehicle and, with your consent, receive future marketing communications from Volvo Car USA.
Sale of personal information within the preceding 12 months.
We have not sold any of your personal information that we collected through the Volvo A-Plan Program within the preceding 12 months.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW
Under California law, consumers residing in California are granted the right to access or delete the personal information that we have collected about them, to opt-out of the sale of their personal information by us to a third party, and not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights. To learn more about your rights with respect to your personal information and how to exercise those rights, please see our Privacy Statement.
For information about how we: share your information generally throughout our services, protect your information, process children’s information, address Do Not Track, make changes to our policies and can be contacted, please see our Privacy Statement.